Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (8) The Pledge

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pick this week are:

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Expected publication: November 15th 2011

I'm very interested in reading this book, I loved the two first books in her Body Finder series.



Words are the most dangerous weapon of all.

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

6 comments:

Deea said...

I'm really excited about this book too! Tt sounds so edgy and interesting! Plus, the whole idea of classes divided by language they speak is very intriguing! Great pick!;)

Unknown said...

I think I see this book nearly every week. I hope it's as good as it looks. Great pick! I'm a new follower.

My WoW!

DJL said...

I think I've seen this cover before, but this is the first time I've seen the summary. :) It sounds fascinating especially the fact that the classes are divided by their language. Thank you for sharing and happy reading!

Michelle Santiago said...

i really want to get my hands on this book. i liked the author's body finder novels. great pick :)

Please stop by our WoW post.

-michelle

Karis Jacobstein said...

I'm looking forward to this one too! The cover is great!

Here's mine:
http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-venom-by.html

Cait said...

Great choice; I think this looks really good! I haven't read the bodyfinder series yet though =/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...