Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (9)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Read more about Teaser Tuesdays HERE

Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This weeks teasers, I choose two from this book because I had a hard time deciding which was best:

"Trust me," he said, "if there weren't something major going down right now, I'd never see you again. Happily."
Pain sliced through my heart, as bright and sharp as a dagger.
P. 233 ARC Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Fury was etched in every line of his body, from his tense shoulders to his clenched fists.
I followed him and started to say, "I'm sorry," but he cut me off.
"Don't. I knew you could be naive, but I never though you were stupid."
P. 315 ARC Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

11 comments:

Molly W. (@mommylovespark) said...

Awesome teasers! I already had this on my TBR list but now I'm extra eager!

I'm reading DreamFever by Karen Marie Moning: http://infertilenanny.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-419.html

Beth F said...

Yikes! Talk about a tense relationship.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tease, I can't wait to read Hex Hall and then this one. Here's my Tuesday Teaser from 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Happy Reading! Jen

Unknown said...

They're both really good. I love the snarkiness.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_19.html

Jules said...

This is one that is definitely on my wishlist

Great teaser!

I hope that you are enjoying it.

Jules

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Priya said...

Nice. The title of the book alone makes it sound interesting! Great teaser!!
Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/04/tt-4-witching-hour.html

Sally said...

Oooh great teaser. Have this one on my tbr pile.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-15.html

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, good tease! This makes me want to re-read Demonglass. ...But if I do, I'll be even crazier for Triple Hex than I already am. I can't re-read it until next year!!!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Wow, such emotion. I can certainly feel the anger. Fab teaser!

April said...

Great teasers! I need to get around to reading this series very, very soon. :)

My Teaser

Anonymous said...

Cross the stream where it is shallowest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...