Thursday, April 14, 2011

Review: Angel by L. A. Weatherly


Book one in the Angel Trilogy


About Angel

In a world where angels are beyond redemption, Alex thinks he's found one that might deserve mercy. Alex is a ruthless assassin - of angels. Forget everything you've heard about them before. Angels are not benign celestial creatures, but fierce stalkers whose irresistible force allows them to feed off humans, draining them of their vitality until there is barely anything left. As far as Alex is concerned, the only good angel is a dead angel...until he meets Willow.

She may look like a normal teenager but Willow is no ordinary girl. Half-angel, half-human, Willow may hold the key to defeating the evil angels. But as the hunter and the hunted embark on an epic and dangerous journey and Willow learns the dark and terrifying secrets of her past, Alex finds himself drawn to Willow...with devastating consequences.

Source: Goodreads

Review

This is a great and original story about angels. If you thought you know them...well you don’t.

The cover is beautiful and what really catch my interest is “The only good angel is a dead angel” on the front it made an impression on me and I just had to get the book.

The story totally twists everything I thought I knew about angels as the good guys and made them something else, something that would do anything to survive, also if it meant hurting humans. It asks the questions: Who says angels are good? Does anybody really know?

The main theme in the book is the relationship between Willow and Alex. I like how it evolves as the story moves along but I got annoyed when they kept repeating the same things again and again about their feelings for each other, I love it the first couple of times and I’m a sucker for romance in books but I felt like it got too much when they started to repeat things they already said in other languages too.

I was not sure I liked this book at first but when the whole road trip began it really had me hooked.
I always like books which has the “Who to trust/who not to trust” issue and of cause there's a lot of action, suspense and romance to go with it.

The plot was good and the ending was very interesting.
I really look forward to continue the story in the next book.

I give Angel 3 out of 5.

Next books in the series:
2# Angel Fire (October 1st 2011)
3# Angel Fever (Expected publication: October 2012)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...