Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (7) Touch of Frost

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pick this week are:

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
(Mythos Academy #1)
Expected publication: July 26, 2011

I really like Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series and I'm very excited to start her Mythos Academy series, starting with Touch of Frost.





My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Acad­emy — a school of myths, magic and war­rior whiz kids, where even the lowli­est geek knows how to chop off somebody’s head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spar­tan guy in school, also hap­pens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jas­mine Ash­ton was mur­dered in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties. Then, some­one stole the Bowl of Tears, a mag­i­cal arti­fact that can be used to bring about the sec­ond Chaos War. You know, death, destruc­tion and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I’m deter­mined to find out who killed Jas­mine and why – espe­cially since I should have been the one who died...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks amazing! I love mythology based books!

Sally said...

I looooove Jennifer Estep's books and I am really looking forward to her new YA series.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

kathy said...

I've seen this one on a few blogs today. It sounds interesting... kind of like a more grown up version of Hogwarts. :)
-kathy
www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...