Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (17) Hades and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My picks this week are:
 
(Halo #2)
Expected publication: August 30th 2011
 
 
 
Even the love of her boyfriend, Xavier Woods, and her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep the angel Bethany Church from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones as well. Can he be trusted in this wager? And what does Jake have Xavier believing about Beth’s fate that may result in an act of betrayal that will leave Bethany – and readers – wondering if Xav is so good after all?
 
 
(Mara Dyer #1)
Expected publication: September 27th 2011
 
 
 
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.

13 comments:

Tyraa said...

I'm lovin the cover of Hades, nice picks :)

Baggins said...

Awesome picks! Love the Hades cover, and I am so desperate to read Mara Dyer!!

Aleetha said...

I just saw Hades cover in you blog.
I really want to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I hope it will be available on Galley Grab

My WOW

Felicia said...

I can't wait to read these 2 books too! They both have gorgeous covers, though the storylines are as different as day and night hahaha...great picks (:

My WoW

Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Okay, I posted the wrong address first time round. *blushes*

Anywho, great choice, here's mine:

http://madamedsboudoir.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

OMG! In love with the HADES cover!

Great choice!!

Check out our WoW, and while your there don't miss out on a couple of great giveaways and events HERE, and HERE!!

Unknown said...

I didn't enjoy Halo that much, but i'm hoping Hades will be much better.

Cory K said...

These look pretty interesting; might need to pick them up. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Liz. R said...

Can't wait for Mara Dyer! Haven't read Halo yet, but the cover of Hades is much darker...interesting. Great picks!

Karis Jacobstein said...

Cannot wait for Mara Dyer! I didn't love Halo, but I liked the writing, so I will probably give Hades a shot.

My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

Bookish Brunette said...

TOTALLY great picks!! Hades will be EPIC!
Zombie Craze has begun!

Christina Reads YA said...

Me too! Me too! I want to read MARA DYER so badly!! And though I didn't like Halo all that much, I liked Ms. Adornetto's writing and thought I should give the series a second chance. Plus, those covers are so AWESOME. I pre-ordered both of these yesterday :).
-Christina Reads YA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...