Friday, June 24, 2011

Follow Friday & Blog hop (11)







Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View

This week's question is:

In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?


I really like Hans Christian Andersen's fariy tales, they always have a deeper meaning and I  have heard them since I was little. They just stick with you.

As for fae, I like the fae in Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thomson books and I also think the fae is great i Karen Marie Monings Fever series.



Book Blogger Hop



Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy-For-Books

10 comments:

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

Old follower,,just stopping by,,to say hi and have a great weekend..
happy friday,,,
I had such a hard time with this question,lol
Jennifer

Cary Cheyenne. said...

I love Hans Christian Anderson too! Everything he writes is so magical :)
Great post & Happy Friday! Here's mine: http://tiny.cc/7nma0

Barbara @ Black, White & Read All Over said...

Old follower :)

Not familiar with the Fever series, thanks for the tip :)

Have a great weekend!

Keegan Shayne said...

Hi new follower. Great blog! Hopping through, enjoy your follow Friday!
Follow me please? http://blabbing-books.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-4.html
Keegan Shayne

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I agree. I like Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales as well.

Amy said...

Hans are beautifully dark stories. Great answer.

Here's my Friday

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Hi New Follower Here.

Are the HCA stories different versions of the tales in Grimms or original to HCA? I hadn't thought of the fae in Pat Briggs, but I like how she has used them to highlight the issue of being a different class of person in the world. They are suitably creepy too. Hope you come by and follow back.

<a href="http://fangswandsandfairydust.com”)> Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust</a>
@fangswandsfairy
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

★Leila | The Fiction Pixie said...

Hans Christian Anderson weaves some amazing and deep and not always pleasant stories!

Hopping through!
★Leila

TG said...

I'm a huge fan of Hans Christian Andersen as well - his fairy stories were so sad!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I am almost done with the Fever series. It's so fun.
My Hop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...