Saturday, June 4, 2011

On My Wishlist (9)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.
It's a place where you can list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet.
They can be old, new or forthcoming.
Read more about it HERE.

My wishlist:  
 
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon
(Outlander #1)
Published July 26th 2005
 
I have heard much about this series and want to try it out.
 
 
 
The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding Highland clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigues and dangers that may threaten her life...and shatter her heart. For here she meets James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, and becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
 
Linger 
Maggie Stiefvater
(The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
Published July 13th 2010
 
I have wanted to continue this series for awhile.
 
 
 
 
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

16 comments:

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Linger is fantastic. I hope you get to read it soon :D

Unknown said...

I have heard so many good things out both these series I hope you enjoy them!

New followere here : )

Suzanne @ Under the Covers

http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-my-wishlist.html

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Emma

That's so great to know, thank you for sharing:-)

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Suzanne

Thank you so much for stopping by and for becoming a follower, I really appreciat it:-)

I will stop by your wishlist^^

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

Oooo Linger is on my wishlist too! hope you get your books soon!! :D

Barbara said...

I have Outlander as an epub if you're interested. Email me at: barbara.fernandez1230@gmail.com :)

Lesley said...

Nice wishlist. I haven't read Linger I have picked it up a couple of times in the bookshop but never quite made it to the till with it!

My wishlist

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Raimy

Thank you! I hope you get to read Linger soon too...

Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog^^

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Barbara

That sounds great! I will email you soon:-)

Thank you so much for telling me.

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi My keeper shelf

Thank you and thank you for commenting:-)

I know the feeling, there's too many books I want so when I'm at the bookstore some have to wait.

Have a nice day.

Anne said...

You picked two great books. Linger is fantastic and Outlander is one of my favorite books of all time. Hope you enjoy them both!

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Anne

It's so great to hear you say that, now I know I will have to read them soon.

Have a great day:-)

pussreboots said...

I just finished The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan so now I'm wishing for The Son of Neptune. I'm also making good progress on crossing books off my wishlist. Come see!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I've read Outlander and I really enjoyed it. I have Linger on my tbr and you just reminded me that I need to get on that. :) Great choices!

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Pussreboots

That's good to hear, nice to cross some things off the wishlist:-)

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Melissa

Another vote for Outlander, I really need to get to this book.
I hope you will enjoy Linger.

Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...