Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interview with author Deborah Cooke, Flying Blind tour

I'm so happy to welcome Deborah Cooke to the blog today. She's stopping on her Flying Blind tour and she's going to tell us about herself and her first YA book, Flying Blind.
Flying Blind is the first book in the Dragon Diaries series, it was Published June 7th 2011. Book two Winging It will be released December 6th 2011.
Feel free to post any comments and/or questions you have for Deborah Cooke in the comments.

Deborah Cooke has always been fascinated with dragons, although she has never understood why they have to be the bad guys. She has an honours degree in history, with a focus on medieval studies. She is an avid reader of medieval vernacular literature, fairy tales and fantasy novels, and has written over forty romance novels and novellas.

She has also been published under the names Claire Cross and Claire Delacroix.
Deborah makes her home in Canada with her husband. When she isn't writing, she can be found knitting, sewing or hunting for vintage patterns.
In October and November 2009, Deborah was the writer in residence for the Toronto Public Library, the first time that the library has hosted a residency focussed on the romance genre.


What inspired you to become a writer?

BOOKS!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?

In my office, writing more books, with the unfinished knitting and research books piled even deeper around my desk.

If you could visit anywhere (real or fictional), were would you go?

Avalon

I love mythical creatures! Why dragons?

Dragons are powerful, noble, loyal and offer fab eye candy. What's not to love?

If you met at dragon what would you do?

Be in distress. (I'm not a virgin or a princess, so it's my only shot at catching his interest.)

For people who have yet to read your book can you describe Flying Blind in three sentences?

15 year-old Zoë is the only female dragon shifter of the Pyr. She should be the Wyvern, the prophetess of her kind, but her dragon powers are AWOL. She yearns for everything to start yesterday - until it does and she has to master her powers ASAP to save the Pyr. No pressure.

Will you mention 5 words about Zoë?

Artistic. Pragmatic. Optimistic. Smart. She's becoming more confident over the series, which is fun.

If you had to choose one thing you like the most from the cover of Flying Blind, what would it be?

The snow. And her eyes. (Okay that's two things, but I can't pick between them.)

What do you look the most forward to when your book is released?

Holding a copy in my own hands. :-)

What are you working on now?

The Dragon Diaries #3 - BLAZING A TRAIL (June 2012)

Thank you so much Deborah for stopping by I'm really looking forward to reading Flying Blind.

Find Deborah Cooke here:
Website

Now it's time for you my fantastic readers to post any comments and questions you have for Deborah:-) Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Thanks for the interview! I just bought FLYING BLIND a couple of days ago and can't wait to read it! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun read--love dragons! I see from your website, Deborah, that you have been writing adult paranormal romance. Which genre, adult or YA, do you have the most fun with and will stay with, or will you manage to write both?
Rae, Best O' Books
http://thebestobooks.blogspot.com

Bailey said...

I can't wait to read this one!! I didn't realize the sequel was coming out so soon but that is something to look forward to after I finish reading. =)

Deborah Cooke said...

Thanks A Backwards Story, for buying a copy. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

Rae, I'm afraid I just like writing stories. No matter what genre or subgenre I write, I have a terrific time with the characters and their journeys. I've written romance since 1992, long enough that I don't think I'll stop soon. Writing YA actually reminded me of writing women's fiction - or mainstream with romantic elements - something I've wanted to write more of for a while. I'm hoping to keep doing both the paranormal romance series and YA. We'll see! Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Bailey! The publisher wanted to do an aggressive release schedule for this trilogy, which is exciting. It's been a bit wild getting everything done on time, but it's great for readers to have the books coming out so quickly. Hope you enjoy Zoë's story!

d

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...