Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Book five in the Night Huntress series




About This Side of the Grave

Danger waits on both sides of the grave.


Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
 
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . .
to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.


Source: Goodreads

Review

I feel like I have waited forever for this book to be released and now I finally get to read it.
I love Cat and Bones and I can't get enough of them and I really looked forward to this next adventure.
I really need to give Jeaniene Frost some points she has managed to create a fantastic world and characters I don't think I ever can get tired of.

I like how Cat has matured and how she really think about the consequences to her actions instead of just jumping into the fire, but I still miss the old Cat who was reckless and thought jumping into the fire was the only way to save the people she cared about.

The book had a great plot; it takes on some of the problems which started in Destined for an Early Grave.
We have seen Marie in some of the previous books but she has a bigger role to play in this one and I think in the next one too, it's very intriguing how she manipulates people into doing what she wants and I'm very interested to see what her plan is.

It's a book full of a lot of action, romance and humour and I don't think I can put a finger on anything I didn't like in this book. As with all the other Night Huntress books this one was full of great quotable lines.
A fantastic read.

Now the wait for One Grave at a Time begins...

I give This Side of the Grave 5 out of 5.


Other books in this series:
1# Halfway to the Grave
2# One Foot in the Grave
3# At Grave's End
4# Destined for an Early Grave

6# One Grave at a Time (August 30th 2011)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great review! I adore Bones & can't wait to get my hands on One Grave at a Time :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...