Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill


Book four in the Chicagoland Vampires series


About Hard Bitten

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...

Source: Goodreads

Review

A story that worms its way into your heart and stays there, this is a must read. Don't miss it!

I'm speechless!
Wow just wow this series keeps getting better and better after the last book I really didn't think it was possible.

This book had me reading all night and going through the emotional rollercoaster all the way. Hard Bitten made me laugh to my stomach hurt and made me cry a river.

I like how Merit is growing and she gets more and more comfortable in her role as the Sentinel of Cagorian House. I love that she still has her wit and that she still stand up for what she believes in.
There are still a lot of problems in Chicago and as always the book is full of action, humour, romance and the questions of where you belong and who to trust.

The story was so fantastic and I loved getting to know even more about all the characters I know and love from the previous books and the plot was really intense and took this book to a whole new level of brilliant, I had not seen the ending coming at all, praise to Chloe Neill for writing such a masterpiece of a book.

It's going to be a difficult wait for Drink Deep and I can't wait to find out where the story is going after this turning point in Hard Bitten but I'll be waiting impatiently.

I give Hard Bitten 5 out of 5!

[Thank you Chloe Neill for sending me an ARC of this book]

Other books in this series:
1# Some Girls Bite
5# Drink Deep (November 2011)

2 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Great review. I'm interested in this series. You don't often hear about a series that gets better over time. Usually the people say they continue a series out of loyalty but that they don't get better necessarily.

Diane said...

This is a great series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...