Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


Book one in the Nightshade series


About Nightshade

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Source: Goodreads

Review

This book has a gorgeous cover and that was what primary got me to read the book in the first place but I was not disappointed by the story.

I was a little afraid in the beginning because the story on some points reminded me of Twilight, I like Twilight but I didn't need to read the same story again.
I didn't need to go far into the book before I was very intrigued by the plot, it really drew me in and I had a hard time putting the book down.

I love how the book portray the wolfs/people and their hierarchy and life in a different way. They also use a good blend of mythology and of cause a good dose of romance.
I like how there's a strong family bond especially between Calla and her brother Ansel but also between Calla and the pack she's going to lead. They are there for each other and they keep each others secrets.

Calla is a great character, she's strong and she's doing a good job being a guardian and an alpha she just happen to be a part of an old tradition and she's doing what's asked of her until she begins to question her belief.

Ren and Shay are the romantic interests for Calla, I'm not sure I like either of them yet but there's room for improvement and I look forward to get to know them both better in the next book.

This book is full of everything I love in a story, a strong protagonist, a lot of action and romance and I love that magical way the book describe the life of the wolfs.

There's not a boring moment in this book and I'm a big fan and I can't wait to read the next book when it releases.

I give Nightshade 4 out of 5.

Next in the series:
2# Wolfbane (July 26th 2011)
3# Bloodrose (Spring 2012)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...