Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver



About Before I Fall

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.


Source: Goodreads

Review

I had heard so many great things about this book and when I finally picked it up I was a little afraid that it would disappoint me, but I could not be more wrong it was a great read and it had an honesty that really got to me.

An amazing book about identity and about making the choices that makes you who you are, the things that defines you as a person and the details that you sometimes take for granted in your life.

The story is about a girl who repeats the same day again and again and every time she learns something new about herself and the people around her.
My favourite thing in the book is the parts where Samantha speaks to us the readers, all the little things make me think a lot about how I live my life, which things I will remember and which things people will remember me for.

The book's main character Samantha is not someone I liked in the beginning but the changes that happens day after day as well as the journey you as a reader took with her really changed my mind.
I had guessed much of the ending but it didn't matter because it was so well written and I actually lay awake afterwards and thought about it. It was so strong and emotionally.

A great read.

I give Before I Fall 4 out of 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...