Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins



About Mockingjay:

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

Source: Goodreads

Review:

I sit here completely stunned, I cannot remember when I last read a series that made me think so much about life and dead and everything in between.
It really made me think about how our world is and how we treat our self and other people.

Many books has touched me but not as much as this, this book touched something deep inside of me.
I actually feel a little lost like Katniss does some places in the book and I mean that in a good way.

This series has made me go through all of my emotions from laughing at beautiful moments to crying over all the darkness, it has been an unforgettable journey and I will never forget how these books made me feel.
I really like this last book in this series and I don't think that it could have ended any other way as with the other two in this series the book was really great it captures the reader and doesn’t let go before the end.
I think the world, characters and writing is so powerful that it's impossible not to take something with you from this book.

For me one of the very strong moments was when Katniss recited some lyrics she learned from her father, I really enjoy lyrics and poetry in books and this is very good in my opinion. The meaning of the different lyrics together with Katniss adventures and the storyline.
I encourage anyone who has not tried this series to give it a chance...it's completely worth it!

I give Mockingjay 5 out of 5!

previous books:

1# The Hunger Games

2# Catching Fire

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...